Change starts with you!
We’re excited to introduce you to the next evolution of the Change Bandit program ‒ the Change Maker program in partnership with 98.1 KDD.
Change Kids’ Health, Change the Future is the new vision of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. This vision encourages organizations and community members of all ages to engage with and support their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, Akron Children’s Hospital.
We have decided to adapt this new vision into a new endeavor called the Change Maker program. Formerly known as the Change Bandit program, this year-round initiative uses online crowd funding as a way for participants ‒ called KDD Change Makers ‒ to raise funds for Akron Children’s.
Much like Change Bandits, KDD Change Makers reach out to family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and more to raise funds for Akron Children’s Hospital.
As a Change Bandit, you realized the difference that raising funds could make at Akron Children’s. As a KDD Change Maker, your support will make just as big of an impact, if not more! Sign up and help us spread the word about how this program can support world-class care right in your backyard.
Since times are definitely changing, as a KDD Change Maker, you’ll do things a little differently. However, we made it as easy as possible for you to raise funds for our hospital:
• All fundraising takes place online. Gone are the days of collecting ‒ and counting ‒ coins. As a KDD Change Maker, all your dollars will be raised on this easy-to-use website. This allows you to fundraise for Akron Children’s while respecting social distancing measures.
• It’s a year-round program. Children and families rely on Akron Children’s day and night ‒ 365 days a year. As a KDD Change Maker, you’ll be able to support our patients when they need you most ‒ and make an even bigger impact!
• The materials you use to promote your fundraising efforts are available online. There’s no waiting for anything to be mailed to you. Gain quick access to posters, social media graphics and posts, and more in the Resources tab the Change Maker program website. Just print, upload, or copy and paste, and you’re good to go!
Every donation ‒ of any size ‒ makes a direct impact on Akron Children’s, its patients and their families. That’s because each dollar raised by Change Maker Program goes toward areas at the hospital where financial support is needed most, such as:
• Helping to cover the cost of care for a child whose family doesn’t have insurance.
• Facilitating the purchase of new and cutting-edge medical equipment.
• Funding vital programs and services typically not covered by insurance, such as research and palliative care.
Since it’s now a year-round program, you can complete your fundraising activities at any time. Annual Change Maker program fundraising activities will be celebrated during the 98.1 KDD Radiothon, which takes place every February. It’s truly a special time for our hospital, patients and community. And our KDD Change Maker program will still be an important part of it!